Support the Mission of the Chapter: the Maryland ACEP Chapter of the American College of Emergency Physicians, exists to support quality emergency medical care and to promote the needs and interest of emergency physicians by:
- enlightening public awareness of emergency issues.
- acting as advocates before the legislative branches of local, state and national government
- developing continuing medical education programs for the emergency medicine provider
Basic Function: To act on behalf of the general membership. The Board shall have general super-vision of the affairs of the chapter.
There shall be at least one-(1) Annual Meeting and four-(4) Board meetings per year. Additional meetings may be called by the President or a majority vote of the Board of Directors at a duly convened meeting of the Board. Meetings may be held by telephone, conference call or another electronic medium.
The duties of Chapter Board members include but are not limited to:
- meet to discuss chapter goals and problems and determine future directions;
- obtain all information necessary to consider and vote intelligently on chapter issues;
- help establish chapter policy;
- approve meeting minutes from previous meetings;
- attend and participate in chapter meetings; and
- ratify or amend decisions made by the Executive Committee
- be prepared for all chapter meetings.