These policies, terms, rules, and regulations governing the exhibit area are part of the application for space and consequently, constitute a part of the contract between the exhibitor and Maryland ACEP. Exhibitors agree to abide by any policies, terms, rules, or regulations that may hereafter be adopted, which shall be as much a part of the contract as though originally incorporated. All matters not specified in the prospectus shall be resolved in the sole direction of Maryland ACEP.
Violation of any policies, terms, rules, and regulations by the exhibitor, employees, or agents shall annul the right to occupy space, and such exhibitor will forfeit to Maryland ACEP all money that may have been paid. Maryland ACEP reserves the right to terminate the exhibit onsite and remove all persons and goods at the exhibitor’s expense. Any damages incurred by Maryland ACEP to the exhibit area will be the responsibility of the exhibitor. The exhibitor expressly waives the service of written notice to re-enter and terminate. Maryland ACEP reserves the right to refuse assignment of exhibit space at future Maryland ACEP meetings.
- Eligibility of Exhibitors – in keeping with the educational purposes of the Maryland Educational Conference & Annual Meeting, the exhibits are considered an extension and an integral part of the program. Only companies with a product or service directly related to emergency medicine will be accepted.
- Space Assignments – space will be assigned on a first come, first served basis.
- Display Specifications – each space is 6′ draped table includes the items listed in the Conference Exhibitors section.
- Payment – all payments must be paid in full via credit card.
- Cancellation – notification of an exhibitor’s decision to cancel must be submitted in writing. The effective date of a space cancellation will be the date when written notice is received and date stamped by Maryland ACEP. Written notification of a space reduction must be received on or before Monday, March 2, 2020. A 50% service charge will be assessed for the total amount of the canceled space. After March 2nd, the exhibiting company will remain liable for the full cost of the original exhibit space.
- Promotional Activities and Giveaways – distribution of promotional items must be approved by Maryland ACEP in writing no later than Friday, February 28, 2020. Unapproved contests and giveaways are strictly prohibited.
- Sales – the purpose of the technical/commercial exhibits is to further the education of meeting attendees through product and service displays/demonstrations. Direct selling is permitted—this includes credit card sales. Order taking is also permitted within the confines of the exhibit booth, provided that business is conducted in a manner consistent with the professional nature of the exhibits. All exhibitors conducting onsite sales must have a valid sales tax permit and a clearly displayed sign posted with their refunds/returns/exchanges policy.
- Security – security will not be provided in the exhibit area. Note that Maryland ACEP and the BWI Linthicum Marriott are not responsible for loss of or damage to exhibitor property.
- Liability – each party involved in the exposition agrees to be responsible for any claims arising out of its own negligence or that of its employee or agents. All parties have a responsibility, and are required to maintain adequate insurance coverage against injuries to persons, damage to or loss of property, and any inability to meet their obligations as set forth in this prospectus.
Maryland ACEP will bear no liability for personal injuries, whether suffered by an exhibitor, its employees, its contractors, agents, or business invitees. Maryland ACEP will also assume no liability for loss or damage to the property of an exhibitor, its employees, its contractors, agents, or business invitees, regardless of the cause, unless such injury or damage results from, or is caused by, the negligence or wrongful acts of Maryland ACEP.
Each exhibitor, in making application for space, agrees to protect, indemnify, and hold harmless Maryland ACEP from any and all claims, liability, damages, or expenses (including attorney’s fees) asserted against them or incurred by them as a result of, or in connection with, any loss of or damage to property, or injury to persons resulting from, arising out of, or in any way connected with the negligence or wrongful acts of the exhibitor or its agents, servants, or employees.
Maryland ACEP shall in no event be liable to an exhibitor for any lost business opportunities or for any other type of direct or consequential damages alleged to be due from a breach of contract. It is understood and agreed that the sole liability of Maryland ACEP to the exhibitor for any breach of this contract shall be for the refund of all amounts paid by the exhibitor pursuant to this contract, as an exclusive remedy.